All articles and pages may contain affiliate links. You can read our disclosure policy here. Edward G Robinson
Show your classic Hollywood trivia chops by answering the questions below. Try not to use the internet to find your answers.
These questions and answers came from the August 1939 issue of Photoplay magazine.
Dennis O’Keefe, Clark Gable
3. This temperamental star made news in all the papers when she panned Hollywood in an interview, then later retracted and said she had been misunderstood.
Constance Bennett Sylvia Sidney
Jeanette MacDonald Grace Moore
4. In her early vaudeville days, this actress twirled a lariat and imitated a Texas cowgirl on the London stage.
Binnie Barnes Barbara Stanwyck
Anne Sheridan Joan Bondell
5. He was a dispatch carrier for Michael Collins, leader of the Irish Revolution
Pat O’Brien Brian Aherne
George Brent Warner Baxter
6. The sons of two of these actors are following in their fathers’ footsteps and rapidly rising to fame on the screen as leading men:
Jack Holt Noah Beery
Edward G Robinson Buck Jones
Jack Holt, Noah Beery
8. It’s hard to believe that this lovely actress was once a school teacher:
Greer Garson Hedy Lamarr
Joan Bennett Madeleine Carroll
Want more trivia?