All articles and pages may contain affiliate links. You can read our disclosure policy here. Edward G Robinson
Show your classic Hollywood trivia chops by answering the questions below. Try not to use the internet to find your answers.
These questions and answers came from the August 1939 issue of Photoplay magazine.
1. This virile actor made his stage debut playing the role of Catharine in “Taming of the Shrew”?
Humphrey Bogart Laurence Olivier
Spencer Tracy Henry Wilcoxson
2. Which two of these actors began their career as extras:
Charles Boyer James Stewart
Dennis O’Keefe Clark Gable
Dennis O’Keefe, Clark Gable
3. This temperamental star made news in all the papers when she panned Hollywood in an interview, then later retracted and said she had been misunderstood.
Constance Bennett Sylvia Sidney
Jeanette MacDonald Grace Moore
4. In her early vaudeville days, this actress twirled a lariat and imitated a Texas cowgirl on the London stage.
Binnie Barnes Barbara Stanwyck
Anne Sheridan Joan Bondell
5. He was a dispatch carrier for Michael Collins, leader of the Irish Revolution
Pat O’Brien Brian Aherne
George Brent Warner Baxter
6. The sons of two of these actors are following in their fathers’ footsteps and rapidly rising to fame on the screen as leading men:
Jack Holt Noah Beery
Edward G Robinson Buck Jones
Jack Holt, Noah Beery
7. When this actor’s return to Hollywood and the screen was delayed by illness, Chester Morris replaced him in his role in “Thunder Afloat”.
Ricardo Cortez William Powell
Franchot Tone Dick Powell
8. It’s hard to believe that this lovely actress was once a school teacher:
Greer Garson Hedy Lamarr
Joan Bennett Madeleine Carroll
9. Two of these stars came to Hollywood from Montana
James Stewart Myrna Loy
Gary Cooper Olivia de Havilland
Gary Cooper, Myrna Loy
10. Sigma Chi fraternity elected her their 1939 sweetheart because of her “kissable lips”
Mary Healy Joan Crawford
Dorothy Lamour Loretta Young