Category: Reel Snacks
Thursday is popcorn lovers' day and popcorn is the quintessential movie snack. Here is a great recipe from the Popcorn Board.
Everybody loves a barbeque. Whether you’re firing up the humble hibachi or a high-tech heater, if you’re an outdoor
gourmet, chances are you’ve got a special barbeque recipe.
There’s a primal draw to the barbeque that comes from tossing a slab of meat onto an open flame and being allowed to eat with your hands, licking every savory morsel from your fingers. The best barbeques produce a moist, fall off the bone meat, but it’s the flavor that sets it apart from just another cookout. A great barbeque recipe produces just the right amount of tang, smokiness, heat, and sweet for a savory meal.
But what if you’re looking for a lighter snack with an equally mouth-watering appeal and one that you still get to cook
over an open fire? When you’re in the mood for the flavors of a barbeque, try this Down Home BBQ mix to sprinkle over popcorn.
Finger licking good!
Down Home BBQ Popcorn
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning mix
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
8 cups air-popped popcorn
1/4 cup clarified butter (helps prevent
sogginess; may use regular
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
Yield 8 cups
1. Combine brown sugar, Cajun seasoning mix, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder in a small bowl.
2. Melt ¼ cup butter. Cool slightly, then pour off the clear melted butter layer into a small bowl. Discard the opaque
milky solids that remain behind.
3. Stir the liquid smoke into the butter.
4. Place popcorn in a large bowl, and drizzle it with butter mixture. Toss to coat the popcorn well.
5. Sprinkle sugar-seasoning mixture over popcorn and toss to distribute evenly.
6. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Note: Liquid smoke can be found with the barbecue sauces/condiments section of large grocery stores.
Days Until 31 Days Of Oscar on TCM
Top Posts and Pages
In Our Bookstore
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home1/wafwzi0adr3g/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-term.php on line 199