Top Posts and Pages
- The Slate of Horror Films on Turner Classic Movies In October
- TCM Schedule, Overview, and Our Must-See Picks
- Midnight Express (1978) Starring Bo Hopkins, Randy Quaid, and John Hurt
- Essential James Garner, The
- Jean Hagen: Learn more about her, review her filmography and more
- Great Escape, The (1963) Starring Steve McQueen, James Garner, and Richard Attenboroug
In Our Bookstore
Comic Venus: Women and Comedy in American Silent Film (Contemporary Approaches to Film and Media Series)
For many people the term "silent comedy" conjures up images of Charlie Chaplin's Little Tramp, Buster Keaton's Stoneface, or Harold Lloyd hanging precariously from the side of a skyscraper. Even people who have never seen a silent film can recognize these comedians at a glance. But what about the female comedians?...More info →
Joseph Cotten's story begins in Tidewater, Virginia, moves on to an episode as a Miami potato salad tycoon and then brings us to his first big break as an actor, in the New York theatre. Cotten describes how he met the flamboyant Orson Welles- at a radio audition at which Welles set a wastepaper bask...More info →
Copyright Notice: Photographs and videos found in this blog, unless indicated, are not owned by me and are here only for the purpose of education and discussion.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: I participate in the Amazon Services, LLC. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties. There is no additional cost to you.