Top Posts and Pages
- TCM Schedule, Overview, and Our Must-See Picks
- The Slate of Horror Films on Turner Classic Movies In October
- Midnight Express (1978) Starring Bo Hopkins, Randy Quaid, and John Hurt
- Essential James Garner, The
- Jean Hagen: Learn more about her, review her filmography and more
- Great Escape, The (1963) Starring Steve McQueen, James Garner, and Richard Attenboroug
In Our Bookstore
American Stranger: Modernisms, Hollywood, and the Cinema of Nicholas Ray (The Suny Series, Horizons of Cinema)
Reconstructs how Ray became a “rebel auteur” in cinema culture. How does cinema culture imagine one of its favorite figures, the rebel? The reputation of the American director Nicholas Ray provides a particularly notable example. Most famous for Rebel Without a Cause, Ray has since been canonize...More info →
Warner Bros charts the rise of an unpromising film studio from its shaky beginnings in the early twentieth century through its ascent to the pinnacle of Hollywood influence and popularity. The Warner Brothers—Harry, Albert, Sam, and Jack—arrived in America as unschooled Jewish immigrants, yet they founded a studio that became the smartest, toughest, and most radical in all of Hollywood.More info →
Copyright Notice: Photographs and videos found in this blog, unless indicated, are not owned by me and are here only for the purpose of education and discussion.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: I participate in the Amazon Services, LLC. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties. There is no additional cost to you.