His first screen test was a disaster, his features were large and irregular, his left ear outsized the right, yet he would one day be headlined as the Most Handsome Man in the World. And most of his leading ladies—among them, Ingrid Bergman, Jennifer Jones, Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Loren, and Ava Ga...
Top Posts and Pages
- TCM's Summer Under The Stars
- Baby Face (1933) Starring Barbara Stanwyck and George Brent
- Charles 'Buddy' Rogers: Learn more about him, review his filmography and more
- Hattie: The Life of Hattie McDaniel
- Detective Story (1951) Starring Kirk Douglas, Eleanor Parker, and William Bendix
- How You Can Help Preserve Classic Films - The National Film Registry
In Our Bookstore
Geraldine Page is excerpted from Tennessee Williams and Company: His Essential Screen Actors by John DiLeo. The essay focuses on Geraldine Page’s roles in the films Summer and Smoke (1961) and Sweet Bird of Youth (1962), which are based on plays by Tennessee Williams.More info →
Silent film superstar Douglas Fairbanks was an absolute charmer. Irrepressibly vivacious, he spent his life leaping over and into things, from his early Broadway successes to his marriage to the great screen actress Mary Pickford to the way he made Hollywood his very own town. The inventor of the sw...More info →
Copyright Notice: Photographs and videos found in this blog, unless indicated, are not owned by me and are here only for the purpose of education and discussion.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: I participate in the Amazon Services, LLC. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties. There is no additional cost to you.