Mabel Longhetti (Gena Rowlands), desperate and lonely, is married to a Los Angeles municipal construction worker, Nick (Peter Falk). Increasingly unstable, especially in the company of others, she craves happiness, but her extremely volatile behavior convinces Nick that she poses a danger to their family and decides to commit her to an institution for six months. Alone with a trio of kids to raise on his own, he awaits her return, which holds more than […]Read More
Actors: Lady Rowlands
Top Posts and Pages
- Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957) Starring Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, and Rhonda Fleming
- TCM Schedule, Overview, and Our Must-See Picks
- Dick Powell is the TCM Star of the Month for December 2018
- Christmas Carol, A (1938) Starring Reginald Owen, Gene Lockhart, and Kathleen Lockhart
- Dark City: The Lost World of Film Noir
- Maltese Falcon, The (1941) Starring Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, Sidney Greenstreet, and Peter Lorre
In Our Bookstore
The King was first published in 1961, shortly after the death of Hollywood legendin 1960. The book traces Gable's life from its humble, hard-scrabble beginnings in Ohio, to his hard-work and determined efforts to achieve success on Broadway, to his meteoric rise to stardom in Hollywood,...More info →
This is the definitive biography of one of the most iconic, complex and enduring legends of Hollywood’s golden age, whose major presence in American film, radio, television, stage and theater lasted beyond the second half of the 20th Century, and whose classic films are known throughout the world....More info →
Please Help Support Our Site
Copyright Notice: Photographs and videos found in this blog, unless indicated, are not owned by me and are here only for the purpose of education and discussion.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: I participate in the Amazon Services, LLC. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties. There is no additional cost to you.